Epoxy can last 10 to 20 years, making it a great choice for floor coating. Some companies use the finest epoxy product to provide an epoxy floor coating that lasts even longer. However, as with any coating, it’s important to properly maintain it to ensure that it lasts long. Epoxy garage floor coating itself is durable and long-lasting, but these little tips will give some extra help in epoxy floor maintenance.
1. Regular Sweeping to Keep Dust at Bay
Epoxy garage floor coating is easy to clean because it doesn’t trap dust like other surfaces. You can just sweep over it to keep any debris or dirt off it when you do it regularly. Use a commercial dust mop, microfiber mop, or a broom with a soft bristle to clean away any dirt, sand, wood shavings, trash, etc. Just like you regularly sweep the kitchen, walkway, etc., do it for your epoxy garage floor too.
2. Mopping to Get Back the Shine
Epoxy flooring is loved because of its shine. However, things like dirt and dust or other poor maintenance practices can ruin it. To get the shine of the epoxy back, add 1/3 dish soap in a bucket of water and mop the entire floor. But do remember not to let the solution sit as soap can leave a hazy film.
3. Immediate Stain Removal
Have stubborn stains on the floor? Don’t leave it for your once-a-week garage cleaning day. Remove them immediately, and if they have been there a long time, start by figuring out since when. Figuring out how long the stain has been there will help decide the correct cleaning method. Use a mixture of ammonia and water (4 to 5 ounces per gallon of water), and it should take care of stubborn stains.
4. Clear Away Minor Spills
The way to clear up minor spills on the floor is straightforward. All you have to do is wipe it away. Just use a clean paper towel or cloth. If there are larger spills, use the same method to clean it up as you would for stain removals. That’s one of the best things about having an epoxy floor, just wipe the spill away, and you’re all set!
5. Don’t Let Chemicals Sit
Epoxy floor coating is resistant to chemicals and spills, but letting the chemicals sit can be potentially hazardous. Clean up the spills immediately and wipe away any chemicals regardless of whether they can potentially harm the floor or not.
6. Watch What Products You Use
The products you use to clean and maintain floors significantly affect how well the floors last and retain their shine. As with cleaning products in every other place, there are dos and don’ts that you must keep in mind. Let’s look at what’s good for epoxy garage floor coating and what’s not.
Recommended Products for Epoxy Garage Floor
There are some products you should always have if you have epoxy garage floors:
- Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning, so why not microfiber mops for the floor? Frequently rinsing the floor is the key to keeping it clean, and that’s made simple if you have a commercial quality microfiber mop. The microfiber mopping systemhas more potential and reduces chemical and water use, and you won’t need to wring it like regular heavy mops.
- The best cleaning solution that works for epoxy garage floor coating is ammonia. Use ½ cup per gallon of water and apply using a microfiber mop. Remember to rinse it frequently between cleans to prevent the transfer of debris. You can also use Windex cleaner.
- If you have a cleaning disaster on your hands, try deep cleaners like Simple Green that will clear away grease and other similar chemicals.
Things to Avoid Using on Epoxy Garage Floor
Just as there are products recommended for garage floors, there are products you shouldn’t use.
- Avoid using an acid-based cleaner like citrus, vinegar, etc., as it can take away the shine of the epoxy floor.
- Avoid using any abrasive cleaning products because they can ruin the epoxy surface.
- Use pads and mats wherever appropriate to reduce the pressure on the epoxy floor coating. Despite being a sturdy material doing little things like this can help it last longer.
The Bottom Line
Epoxy garage floor coating is loved for its easy cleaning and maintenance, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need it regularly. Dirt, grime, and germs can build up over time which can be taken care of using certain products. It’s always best to keep up with regular maintenance instead of waiting for there to be a stain or spill. This will also help extend the life of the epoxy garage floor.
Steel Coated Epoxy Floors – The Best Garage Floor Coatings in Draper
An epoxy floor coating can make your garage more durable and has a host of other benefits. However, it needs to be maintained to make it last even longer. Transform your garage using epoxy with Steel Coated Epoxy Floors. We offer a garage floor coating that’s resistant to water and chemicals and has a lifetime warranty.
Whether it’s a garage, shop, basement, or patio, we are an epoxy flooring company in Draper that can help increase the value and aesthetics of our floor coating services. Floors are the first thing that will make an impression, whether it’s your business or your home, which is why we offer both residential and commercial coating.
Let us help you reflect stability and sensibility with steel epoxy flooring and more for that great first impression. We’ll also help you protect the concrete and maintain cleanliness with our floors. We also offer multiple flake options for epoxy coating.